Bern Township Municipal Authority
Meeting of September 28, 2022
CALL TO ORDER by the Chairman
REVIEW AND APPROVAL OF AUGUST 24th, 2022 MEETING MINUTES
1. Approval of bill lists September, 2022
1. Bond Rate Discussion
2. LBA – Audited adj. pymt for 2021 underpayment $6,521, to be paid in Oct.
PROJECT COMMITTEE REPORT
PERSONNEL COMMITTEE REPORT
1. New Employee 6 Month Review – set up for Oct.
1. Emergency Application with PENNDOT – Penndot is still looking for corrections
2. Hartman South – update
3. Manhole repairs on County property – update
4. G&T – meter size in upper meter pit update
5. Burkey subdivision – Penske
1. LBA Aeration System – discuss grant LBA received and possible sale of the system
2. Miller Agreement – update
1. Customer requests – Flying Hills requesting reversal of 26 payments of 6.50 for some and $26 for others due to payment lost in USPS. WAWA requesting $114.98 late fee reversal from March.
2. Miller Trucking – Mr. Scholl is requesting a letter be sent to Miller Trucking to install a meter pit closer to the road. The meter is inside the building and if there would be a leak, BTMA would never know it until it was coming to the surface. BTMA would be responsible to fix the leak.
3. The hydrant that was damaged near Heyco on Stinson Dr. was ordered and Mr. Scholl would like to have it moved a few feet down the road in the right away. The move would give the truckers more space pulling into Heyco. BTMA would pay the cost of the move. The cost of the hydrant and the install is being paid by AVJ Trucking.
4. Insurance – thoughts on inviting Mr. Rivington to give a presentation.